Thursday, January 1, 2009

1 Down 2 to go!


Happy New Year! Today I ran the Texas 1/2 Marathon. My time was better than last year's (I did the full marathon last year.....I just needed to let you all know that) which was my goal. Dad came and rode his bike along side me at the end, like last year. He came around mile 10 or so. It was nice to unload my fuel belt. A few of my 'CTRs' were also running. 3 of us did the half while another ran her first full marathon..Go 'Hillbilly'!! So let me explain that ginormous medal. This was the 10 year anniversary of the Texas Marathon and, since everything's bigger in Texas, they made the medals HUGE! It's really heavy too. Everyone cheered very loudly when they revealed it. My next half marathon is on Valentine's Day.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have I told you how proud I am of you? You rock!

TheAndFam said...

Yay!! That metal rocks!! I want one of those!!!

The Morgans said...

That is the coolest medal ever! Great job!!!

Boud Family said...

Thanks everyone! I'm almost recovered now.

The Fergie's said...

You are killing me with all these races! I wish I could do half of a half of a marathon. So impressive!