Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Short Notice

My parents, the kids, and I are leaving for Atlanta tomorrow. My brother's twins are being baptized. It's going to be a quick trip. We'll be home on Sunday night. While out getting last minute essentials and non-essentials this morning, Jim called me from work to let me know he is flying to Malaysia TOMORROW for 2 weeks. Mmm, my favorite! So when we get home on Sunday night, he won't be here to greet us. Very sad. It looks like he'll be traveling a few more times this year. I can't complain though, I have friends who's husbands are gone for months at a time. AND, my parents are here. Still, the evenings are always hard.....dinner, bath, jammies, teeth, stories, water, 'spread my blanket out', 'I'm scared of the wall', etc. This should be great fun.

4 comments:

TheAndFam said...

Your children are scared of the wall and not scary monsters hiding under the bed? Geez, what are you teaching them?

The Silly Witch said...

You are a trooper! Quinn is scared of "batmans." We're not sure what he means, but we know that the BYU blanket keeps 'em away.

The Morgans said...

Lately Matt has been scared of everything-or says that he is- the phone, the TV, a toy. I wish you luck, and send patience fairies your way!

Hardy said...

My Joshua won't sleep in his room ever since his nightmare that spiders were getting him! He thinks if he sleeps in there, the spiders will really get him this time!! Hang in there gal. Paul's job requires him to be gone 60% of the year, so I am right there with you. =)