Monday, March 23, 2009

An Answered Prayer

This may not seem like a big deal to most people, but it was to me. Jim has been gone for over 2 weeks now and although I'm handling everything just fine, the small inconveniences and challenges are starting to become harder and harder. This morning I was supposed to run 5 miles....this is my last week of hard training before my half marathon. Anyway, I haven't been able to find my ipod and have been looking for it since Saturday. The longer I searched for it the more upset I was becoming. As silly as it sounded, I decided that I was upset enough and this was important enough to me to take it to the Lord. I knelt down in my living room and offered a simple prayer. Within 2 minutes I found my ipod. I am truly humbled that the Lord could see how upset I was and wanted to help. I know there are so many 'more important' prayers offered every second, but Heavenly Father cares about everyone's problems and stresses. I guess I really HAVE to run now!!

4 comments:

TheAndFam said...

hmm. You better run! My knee still hurts and I'm still running.

Boud Family said...

yep, I'm putting Larkin to bed and getting on the treadmill. Don't hurt your knee too much.

Christine said...

I'm so glad your prayer was answered! Good luck on the half marathon, you amaze me! I loved reading through your most recent posts. I especially like the picture of Rainey and Jacob sleeping together. How cute is that! I appreciate your beautiful prelude at church each Sunday. Thank you!

Kellie said...

That is a sure sign that you need to run. I think it helps with the sanity as well. Everyone needs a little "me" time!