Tuesday, June 16, 2009

My Sensitive Girls

Several months ago, Larkin developed what I thought was a nasty diaper rash. After several days of treatment, her rash was getting worse so I took her to the doctor. As I opened her diaper for the doctor, HE FLINCHED at the sight of her rash and told me it was a yeast infection. Yikes! He gave me ointment that worked great and she was fine...until a couple days ago. Her infection is back (luckily I still have some ointment). So, I realized that it has to be the Target brand diapers. That is what she was wearing the first time she developed the infection and a few days ago she was wearing one. So, there you go. No Target diapers for us anymore.....they don't work well anyway. On to Rainey Jewel. This little stinker is a sensitive little person. If her clothes don't hang just right she gets frustrated, whines, and wants to take her clothes off (and does). Over the past several months, she has asked us to scratch her back. At first, we thought she just liked her back scratched. Jim even brought her a little back scratcher from Malaysia. But, recently she has become more and more uncomfortable and now just plain miserable. At first I tried putting lotion on her morning and night, but her skin didn't seem to be dry and it wasn't helping anyway. So, on Friday it dawned on me that it could be our Tide laundry soap. I took all her clothes and pre-washed them (twice) in plain water to rinse out the Tide. We bought Dreft (the baby detergent) and washed her clothes in that. While I was busy getting her clothes washed, we let her run around in her panties. She was so happy that we let her do it all day and again after church on Sunday. It seemed clear that her clothes were the problem. After wearing her Dreft washed clothes, she seems to be doing much better. She is still a little itchy, but I'm sure there's still traces of Tide in her clothes. And where did my girls inherited their sensitive skin? That would be me, I guess. I've had to stop using my beloved Moonlight Path body wash because it irritated my skin. But, I still use the body splash and lotion (only on my hands).

No comments: