Thursday, June 4, 2009

A 'Wicked' Adventure

I'm here in the hotel lobby on the Sheraton in San Antonio. We arrived yesterday in the late afternoon. Our plan is to hit Fiesta Texas (six flags) today and then do some sight seeing tomorrow. SO, when we entered our hotel room yesterday one on the first things I like to do is check out our view. I peeled back the curtain to find that we are directly across the street from the Majestic Theater. What I saw next was unreal. It was opening night....of Wicked! To make a long story short, after 2 failed attempts by me, Jim waltzed over and scored 2 tickets, 1 for me and 1 for Jacob. Jacob was so excited because I have been promising him for 2 years that I'd take him to see it. (by the way, we have been listening to Wicked in the car pretty much everyday for the past 2 1/2 years). It was awesome!! I've seen it before, but was still spellbound. There were a couple of times when Jacob leaned over and said, 'This is cool!" But, my favorite moment was during 'For Good' when Jacob grabbed my arm and whispered, "I'm glad we came." This was an experience that I'll never forget.

3 comments:

Tiffany W. said...

So sweet!! Glad you could go! We need those one on one moments with our kids like that sometimes.

TheAndFam said...

Ugh! Jealous!! Jealous! I'm really glad that Jacob got to see it though.

Anonymous said...

I think I might hate your guts through all my jealousy...yep, I do.