Thursday, September 10, 2009

Happiest Day of Rainey's Life!



Many of you may or may not know that our Rainey Jewel is obsessed with dogs. There are no words to describe her love for dogs. Jim and I decided that she needs a dog. We knew that we couldn't handle a puppy so we searched the Houston Humane Society website for our perfect dog.....older, not too big, and house-trained. And, we found him. Elijah is a 2 year old beagle mix. I went down to the Human Society this morning to fill out adoption forms thinking that this process would take 3-5 days. Turns out that Elijah was ready to be brought home today and if we wanted him, we had to take him today. So I took him. We originally planned him to be a birthday present for Rainey, so we gave her an early present. She is in heaven with Elijah. She calls him 'Mlijah'. She keeps thanking us over and over and asking if we're really keeping him forever. Larkin came with me today and was very nervous riding in the back seat with Elijah, but she is okay now. Even Jacob (who is normally terrified of dogs) is happy with him. Elijah is very easy going (so far) and very happy to be receiving all the attention from the kids. I think we've found a good match.

7 comments:

Aaron Bales said...

This is what I see in your future:

http://static.open.salon.com/files/300pixels-dogpoop-1228416095.jpg

Naihe Family said...

Oh my goodness!!! That is sooo exciting!!! I am hoping one day to get a dog. The kids have been asking forever!

Tiffany W. said...

so cute! I bet she is the happiest little girl alive right now! Every time she is at our house she finds every stuffed/toy dog we own and lines them all up! :) And I have to admit... the dog has a great name! ;)

AmyJo said...

Congrats! I hope Elijah keeps being a good dog for you :)

The Silly Witch said...

Bless your soul. You rescued a dog! You should be so proud of yourself. Have fun!

Amber said...

Lindsey-
I blogstalked you from your comment on Christine's blog...hope you don't mind :)
I can't believe you got a dog! Rainey will never forget that! And it's so cute. Good call on avoiding the puppy-peeing-all-over-the-house stage and saving that little guy from the shelter.
Congrats on your new addition!

Lindsey Boud said...

Elijah is being great. He slept with Jacob and Rainey. They can't get enough of him.