Saturday, January 8, 2011

Catching Up: Larkin




Houston, we have HAIR!! I'm very happy to report that Larkin has a full head of hair. She has been working very hard over the last year to grow it. It's been a long time coming!

Larkin is my little 'home-body.' She loves being at home and having Mom all to herself. She loves to read (or have me read to her) and she takes her coloring very seriously.

Larkin is still battling her IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) and acid reflux. The head of her bed is propped up on books to let gravity work and keep the acid down. She takes Prevacid twice daily for reflux. She's also on a heavy regiment of Lactulose aka, the 'poop shoot'. It's an oily substance that coats the lining of her bowel to allow 'everything' to slide right out. I know, TMI.

Larkin is a little sweetie with lots of love to give. She's my only child that will cuddle with me. She lets me hug and kiss her whenever I want and crawls into my lap all the time. She loves to play and take care of dolls. I can tell she will be a wonderful mother someday.