Friday, March 9, 2012

Another Step Closer

Our passports came in. So this morning, Larkin and I took them to the company so that they can begin the visa process. Let the clock begin. In 8-10 weeks, we'll be on our way to Russia! But, not for long.....

Like I said before, the plan is for the kids and I to return to the states at the beginning of August to have the baby. After the baby is born, we have to get his passport asap. After Russia gets a copy of his passport, they begin the visa for him. I was told today that it will take 6 weeks. Why the big hurry? Because while Jim will be able to come to the states for the birth, he will need to return to Russia shortly afterwards. We're looking at 2-3 months of not being together (and more importantly, of me being a single mom--yuck!). The sooner we get baby's visa, the sooner we can be together as a family again.

Sidebar to all this: Jim has been in Malaysia for the past 8 days and will be there for another week. And, yes....it looks like he will continue to travel while we're in Russia. I do hope I can make some great friends over there! Shouldn't be a problem...I'm a hoot.

No comments: