Sunday, December 14, 2008

I did it.

Yesterday was little Sarah's funeral. I played the organ and accompanied the musical numbers....except my own. It was really hard. I sang right after Sarah's dad spoke....ugh. Although the family asked me to sing way back in October, nothing could have prepared me for how difficult it was going to be. I started very shaky, but as the song went on I was able to pull it together. But, I totally lost it on my way back to my seat. Even though this was very difficult, I am very thankful that I could do something. How do you help ease the burdens of a family who has lost their little girl? At least I could take care of the music for them.

2 comments:

The Morgans said...

I stumbled upon their blog a few months ago and have been following their story. I am absolutely heart broken for them. I know your musical talents were a blessing and comfort to them. I can't even begin to imagine what they must be feeling.

TheAndFam said...

Ouch. That must be hard. Dad told me that they were there too at the funeral and it was pretty sad.