Tuesday, December 9, 2008

I'm Thankful

This morning, my friend's 3 year old little girl lost her battle with a brain tumor. Deep down, I must have known it was going to be today. I tossed and turned with sadness for them all night and woke up with a very heavy heart. I just couldn't bring myself to run this morning. As I was power walking, I decided that I would make them a meal and take it over this morning. After I got home from the store I felt like making the meal was not a good idea today. It was only a few minutes later that I got the call. Although everything happened quickly, I'm thankful that they were able to have had time to make preperations ahead of time. I'm thankful that she did not suffer. I'm thankful that my friend and her family has the strongest faith I've ever seen. Right now, I couldn't be more thankful for my healthy kids and family. I would not be as graceful baring the most impossible burden that she is baring right now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Who is this? I think I know, but I can't remember their name. Is there anything we can do?