Wednesday, April 8, 2009

3 of 3

That's it folks. I've ran 3 1/2 marathons in 3 months and 3 days. My 3rd one was this past Saturday in Provo, Ut. The Provo City Half Marathon was pretty brutal this year. Besides the altitude, I had the wonderful experience of running in the freezing cold, wind, and snow. It took about 3-5 miles until I was used to the altitude and I stopped huffing and puffing. It was then that I realized just how much it was snowing. Flakes were getting stuck in my eye lashes and I starting thinking, "Am I crazy?" I decided that if I was crazy, everyone else running the race was crazy too. So at least I was in good company. My sister, Bethany, was supposed to run with me, but was injured during her training. She instead rode her bike beside me. She only crashed into me twice and fell off her bike only once. I guess it wasn't really her fault that she crashed into me...maybe I crashed into her, BUT in my mind, she was riding too close and I shouldn't have to be the one paying attention, RIGHT? Back me up on this one. All in all, it was a tough race, but aren't they all??

3 comments:

TheAndFam said...

Yeah... the second time I hit you? That was entirely YOUR fault!!

Tiffany W. said...

hahaha! yeah, I gotta agree the biker should be the one on the look out! :)

Boud Family said...

I knew you'd have my back Tiff!