Wednesday, November 7, 2012

First Day of School

hats and coats are required for recess

The kids are enjoying their new school. The students are all divided into houses: foxes, eagles, and bears. Our kids are eagles. The students earn points for their houses all year long and the winning house earns a cup. Its just like Hogwarts, which tickles me to death! Jacob played in a netball tournament (kind of like basketball) in which he scored all but 1 of the eagles' points and the eagles went on to win the whole thing earning their house 30 points. The students also swim once a week. They are practicing for the swimming gala, which I assume is a swim meet. This school is wonderful. Larkin (who was in kindergarten at home) came home the first day and read me a book. She needed help, but she did it. They are also learning Russian. Jacob knows more Russian than I do, which isn't saying much, but I'm still proud of him. Rainey knows how to say 'cat' and 'dog', of course. All their teachers are from the UK. I really hope they pick up on their accents!

No comments: