Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Hold on, Back it up!

Before we embarked on our Russian adventure, we had a baby! Our little Griffin James was born on September 4th at 7:23 am. The scheduled C-section went exactly as planned. I was actually having contractions that morning, so I guess it was truly the day! As my doctor made his way down to little Griff, I heard 'Oh, a breech baby!" and all the sudden all the weird movements during the last week of my pregnancy made sense. The scale in the OR wasn't working correctly and when the nurses weighed him, the scale read 6 lbs 11 oz. Both doctors yelled 'Re-weigh!'. I never heard anything else on the matter until the day we went home... They re-weighed him in the nursery and he was actually 7 lb 11 oz. We were worried that we had a cryer on our hands when he wouldn't stop crying in the OR. But, in his defense, the poor kid didn't want to come out. The doctor was pulling on his legs with all his might and said to us, 'don't be surprised if there are bruises on his legs.'





Happiest Boy Alive!

















         He is truly in love with his brother!

















Still would have preferred a dog, but likes Griffin anyway.

















                       Sweet Larkin was VERY excited!














My mom got to feed him while I was in recovery. (the nurse asked Jim if he wanted to... he didn't).












                                               My dad with Griffin 






Proud Daddy!














                 So happy he's here! We love you, Griff

1 comment:

AmyJo said...

What sweet pictures! We miss all your sweet faces!