Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Larkin's Ultra Sound

After waiting and calling and waiting and calling, I finally got to talk to a nurse. She said that our doctor is not in today, but, "I can tell you that the ultra sound looks normal." While I am relieved that there was nothing horrible on the ultra sound, we're left wondering what in the world had her in so much pain?? She was in severe pain on Saturday, but come Sunday morning (and since then) she's totally back to normal. No pain at all and her color is back to normal. She is also acting normal. The doctor is supposed to call me tomorrow to further discuss the ultra sound, but I see no reason to pursue any more testing....unless/until she shows more symptoms. The next test is supposed to be more invasive and I see no reason to submit her to that if she's healthy. I imagine the doctor will probably feel the same way. Thank you for all the prayers and concern on Larkin's behalf. It was very scary and sad watching her in so much pain not knowing what was going on and not being to do anything for her. My personal opinion is that maybe she did have a UTI, but by the time I had her tested she was almost better.

In other news: Jim called me from work yesterday to give me a heads up that he may be traveling to Malaysia this month. He called me today and told me that he's leaving TOMORROW for 2 weeks. What can a girl do? 2 words folks: Retail Therapy.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad she's feeling better, but it seems like something else is going on, doesn't it? Would you pursue a second opinion?

Lindsey Boud said...

nah, only because she's completely back to normal. If she were still sick, then we'd do more tests. But, yeah...what in the world was it?? Why was she in SO much pain?? Who knows, but for now, she's healthy. If/when she gets sick again, we'll run more tests.

The Silly Witch said...

What a relief! I've been worried about you and her, so I'm glad she's all better. Thanks for the updates.

Lindsey Boud said...

thanks Maren.