Saturday, August 8, 2009

Law-Hong Day

Today was very law-hong (long). We were excited to watch my brother's graduation up at Sam Houston State (not so excited about the 1 long trip both ways). It was great to watch him graduate and we are all very proud of him. However, graduation ceremonies were not designed with small children in mind. After dealing with a wiggly Larkin for 1 1/2 hours, Rainey had a melt down while we were trying to take pictures and it continued until we reached our car. Then we all went to Chili's for lunch. I've decided that I hate Chili's. We had to wait for 25 minutes for a table. The kids were literally rolling on the floors with boredom. AND, why is it that no matter which Chili's I go to, the service is always SUPER SLOW? What's with that? So anyway, after being at Chili's for 2 hours (I'm not kidding), we made the 1 hour drive home. My dad drove and I sat in the back with the kids. Jacob and Rainey fell asleep. I tried to close my eyes too, but Larkin had other ideas. Just as I would nod off, she'd poke me and ask if I could see the water tower. FYI, Larkin is obsessed with water towers....weird. We got finally got home and were able to change our clothes, pick up the house a little, and relax before we headed to mom and dad's for the graduation party. The party was fun...until.....SO, I forgot the kids' swim suits and they wanted to run in the sprinklers. I told Rainey that she could run around in her underwear. This was great and fine, but soon after she came inside she started crying and crying that she was itchy. I looked and her body and saw several, several nickel sized welts. Misquito Bites!! Mom had some After Bite that I rubbed on her bites, but she couldn't calm herself down. I decided it was time to go. I was on my way to CVS (with dad in my car) to get some benadryl for Rainey when she threw up all over my herself and my car. Jacob grabbed Larkin's head and and screamed 'Don't look!" So now Rainey is crying, Larkin is crying, and Jacob is complaining that he is thirsty. I turned the car back around and went back to mom and dad's house. My mom cleaned up my car while I cleaned up Rainey. The kids are asleep now (Rainey's sleep is a bit drug-induced). What was that you say? I should go to bed too? Yes well, because I didn't plan my lesson or finish the bracelets for Super Saturday earlier in the week, I have to stay up and do them now. I will never procrastinate again.

2 comments:

Tiffany W. said...

oh my gosh... that sounds like a day from hell! :) Thank goodness for parents, right? And of course days like that always happen when the husbands are gone! I hope Rainey feels better and you get some rest...

The Silly Witch said...

Oh, we've all been there. You look fabulous today, and I never would have guessed that you had a difficult day.